Monday, March 9, 2015

Winter

-Winter-
 
Cold longs nights of me standing out waiting for the sun to set.
That smell of beauty around me in the morning
Sparkling snow.
The sun making the snow glow when its covered in ice.
Wishing for snow in the summer, wishing for sun in the winter.
Snowmen invade our backyard.
The skis come out.
We get stuck in our own driveway.
Feed the birds.
Watch the ducks swim in -15'C water.
Dad throws a snowball at me and starts war.
Someone walks by me on the sidewalk and pushes me in a snow bank.
(I realize it was my brother and he goes in right after me)
Camera clicks at the icicles.
Sleds zoom down the hill followed by giggles and screams.
Drawn smiley faces on foggy car windows.
Every day check the weather.
Feel bummed yet warm inside when a hug snow storm hits your town.
Long afternoons of blogging and drinking hot chocolate.
Blue sky every other week.
Try to find where the rabbit tracks lead.
See a deer in the bush.
Help someone out of the snowy ditch.
Sit in my room and stare at my soccer ball for an hour, dreading winter.
Lots and lots of snow, loving winter.
Bake hot fudge on a winter afternoon.
Stormed inside for a week - no school.
*Two weeks later*
+5 degrees.
Snowmen begin to melt.
Camera comes out again.
Everything is wet.
Icicles drip their last drips.
Running shoes are put on.
Robins chirp.
Puddles are stepped in, soaking my feet.
Sweater is put on instead of a coat.
Camaro drives by.
Sun shines through my window as I sit in the warmness.
Aw, spring. 
 
This was my winter -- what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment